Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm yellow. I gotta be one of those sponges.


It’s a new day and I feel much much better than last night. I’m planning on finishing up one of my recent self-portraits. I’m going to post it on facebook since my little art site has been untouched for quite some time.

A few days ago, I listened to this lecture from TED.com about how and why we are or aren’t happy in life. It was very interesting to hear all of it. I also read an article about how there are plenty of unimportant spaces where most of us live in. The advocate wrote how soldiers shouldn’t fight for our country for any of these cartoon versions of country homes (suburbia) and non-important spaces that we see every day. We drive on them all the time to get to where ever destination we want get to. We all even refuse to walk on them. The anti-aesthetic pleasure of buildings and shrub like plants by the roadsides are ridiculous. It's such a waste. It really doesn't do much of anything. Those two TED lectures out of many other are spectacular. It makes me want to absorb every single one of them. Education is my weakness and also my strength. I’m going to straight up quote from a whore and say, “Sponge”. I am a sponge. It must be true. If you are interested in knowing more, just visit TED.com and just listen and read whatever is it you want to read.

0 comments: